The British High Commission in Kuala Lumpur has information on what consular services we can provide British nationals in Malaysia . They have also produced the guide; Living in Malaysia that sets out essential information for British nationals staying in Malaysia, including advice on health, education, benefits, residence requirements and more. For further information on how they can help British Nationals abroad, read the publication, Support for British Nationals Abroad: a Guide
CONSULAR APPOINTMENTS AND OPENING HOURS
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 8.30am - 12.00pm
Tuesday, Thursday: Closed
Consular Section operates on an appointment system. The websites below will also confirm the list of documents you are required to bring with you to the appointment. For some services, proof of address may not be required.
- Emergency Travel Documents
- Document services, including Consular letters
- Marriage Letters (Certificate of No Impediment)
FREQUENTLY ASKED CONSULAR QUESTIONS:
- British High Commission’s location (including access information), opening hours and public holidays ;
- Malaysia travel advice (including entry requirements) for British Passport holders . Please subscribe for email updates;
ADVICE ON SCAMS
British High Commission receives a high volume of scam or fraud-related enquiries, which most are targeted through Facebook, internet chat rooms and on-line dating agencies. Be careful with who you meet online and do not send money to any persons you have met on the internet (but have never met in person).
Typical scenarios of scams may include:
- Accidents and hospitalisation, and request of payment before treatment
- Non-payment of salary or tax rebate
- Detention at customs or immigration, for large sums of money
- Employment offers in the UK
- Parcels, packages or money transfers to British High Commission
Report the matter to your local police for further action.